Thursday, January 7, 2010

Still Moving

I finally found an apartment near my new school and I'm finally moving into it this week. So far I have a random collection of things that I've moved over - a few crates of books; receiver, records, but no record player; plates, but no silverware - and my dad is coming up this weekend to help me move the big things with his pickup. In the meantime, I'm hanging out at my old house in order to sleep on my bed and to use the internet. I don't get a connection at my new place until Tuesday. Poo. You know how difficult it is to do online classes without an internet connection? To make it even more difficult, the classes require Word, which is not compatible with the current programs on my Mac, so I have to buy some expensive system. Double poo.

I'm still deciding what to do about furniture. So far I have a fold out camp chair to sit on and crates with boards stretched across to serve as shelves/desktop.

Sorry about the sporadic posting on here recently. I'll try and do better. Now that I'm living all alone again I'll probably have nothing better to do than blog away the time.

3 comments:

Middle Child said...

Furniture will arrive - it seems to...when Don and I moved to Port macquarie in 1976, with melissa about 2, all we had was an old hippie dodge van - painted gold and with squiggles...an esky, a mattress and a 9inch black and white tv...
do you have good Op shops like St vinnies and other where they sell used stuff dirt cheap - the most expensive part is the transport - so if your dad's pick up is still handy...hm

Anonymous said...

You might be able to use Open Office on your Mac. It is compatible with pre-2007 versions of Word and, at the average price of $0.00, somewhat cheaper than a new computer.

-- Gene K.

Sara said...

Hi, Gene, good to see ya around. I caved and bought Office for Mac. It's ok, but I already have a word processor, spreadsheet and presentation program, so I'm a little peeved that I forked over money for what is essentially an expensive viewer. Ohhhh well.