Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Mouseland



This was making the rounds on Facebook today and since it made me chuckle, I thought I'd share. It's a great speech of course and it's probably lost on many people, but the really interesting part is that even after all this time, what has changed? Well, perhaps a lot in Canada. Not a whole damn lot down here, though. I love the way people talked back then, too. Makes me wonder what people will make of our accents 60 years from now when watching old film clips (on whatever the future youtube will be).

1 comment:

Middle Child said...

I remember people making speeches that were impassioned and that they had actually written themselves - something I admire as I am not good at public speaking - I remember even that in church the priest was able to throw his voice right around the huge church and you could hear every word ..minus amplification - but even in churches these days they use microphones - I think they call it "oratory" . Who knows - the way we speak now might die down and they might go back to the old way - or maybe not - what I hope and pray is that people just don't become one big homogenous english or chinese speaking world with no accents and funny local phrases - - the more differenc the better I think