Friday, May 30, 2008

ok fine! a tag

List 5 things in my bag:
Which bag? I picked the first one on the floor in my room. This is the travel bag, the part that detaches from the top of the backpack that I keep with essentials.
1 first aid kit
2 deodorant
3 Emergency-C packet, orange flavored
4 D-ring, "not for climbing", green
5 roll of toilet paper

List 5 favorite things in my room:
1 window - big, easily openable, weatherized window. totally out of place in the non-insulated, poorly wired bedroom, but I'll take the view out to the yard/garden nonetheless.
2 desk - it's one of those Ikea things, meant as a dining table that folds down against the wall when it isn't being used. That's a nice option, but it's never uncluttered enough to fold it down. It's listed as a favorite because of all the labor that went into make sure it was straight, getting the right damn screws (Ikea and it's European measurements and shitty screws!) and working with the weak battery-powered drill.
3 London Calling poster - probably the third iteration of this particular poster, due to plumbing leaks and hurried moves, etc.
4 my plant, lily thing - my last housemate wouldn't let me have pets and now I'm not sure if I'm going to travel and stuff, so I don't want to own a dog. Hence the plant. I put a lot of effort into rehabing this thing after I left it in my room with the heat off over Thanksgiving weekend last year. When I came home, it was nearly black and droopy. Then when I brought it with me over Christmas my sister's kitten ate all the outer leaves. It's lookin' pretty good these days.
5 the book "shelf" - a system of milk crates and particle board. It kind of forms and "L" shape and I can sit on it. Real shelves are expensive and I don't have the patience or equipment for carpentry.

List 5 things I've always wanted to do:
1 time travel
2 go to Alaska
3 tour with a band
4 win the lottery
5 see North Korea other than at the border.

List 5 things I am currently into:
1 being a lazy piece of shit
2 not blogging
3 playing Civ IV
4 Timbers!
5 relearning the drums and trying to not bring down the rest of the band.

2 comments:

Middle Child said...

Thanks for telling me about your new blog - I loved your "being a lazy piece of shit" andcan understand about the ikea table - I will never go into that store again - the putting together from shit instructions and you're right the screws etc are not always quite right...aaarrrggh

Sara said...

Hey, I'm not talking to myself anymore! Wooo! Good to see ya, MC. :)