Saturday, May 10, 2008

quick update

My birthday yesterday began with cleaning someone else's vomit out of my sink. That would ordinarily imply that it was a good night, but really it was just ok. Timbers game and a trip to the Bullpen afterward sealed the fate for my sick friend. His wife wanted him home two hours prior to when he staggered into our house and then he had to be at work the next day at 7am. Poor guy.

The rest of my birthday was spent doing as little as possible, mostly playing that awful addictive game, Civilization 4. I found a People's Republic of Cork mod online and thought it was so funny that that's all I've been playing with. Keano, of course, is the leader and its special unit is Rampaging Hurlers.

Today! Shittle away! Love it! heh, last time the Timbers play in Seattle, possibly ever, as the evil bastards to the north are getting an MLS club and the USL one is then disbanding. No one goes to their games anyway, I guess it's just as well. So this is our last chance to get hassled by security, taunted, spit at, and called foul names in provocation. Woopee! An added incentive is that I get to see an old army buddy. Though raised in Seattle he is wisely a Timbers supporter.

OK, off to change clothes, get coffee and head to Vancouver (WA) to meet the housemate so as to carpool to Seattle.

PS. sorry bout the moody last few months. God I hate winter in the NW.

No comments: