Thursday, October 16, 2008

Aggghh

I was warned that getting through the paperwork connection with graduation at PSU is an arduous and maddening process, but I really thought it wasn't going to be a big deal. I applied for graduation for fall term back at the deadline in, like, July or something - quite awhile ago. I didn't hear anything other than receiving a degree application charge on my account until today. And it says, 'thanks for applying for a Bachelor of Science degree!' Or something like that. But I didn't apply for a Bachelor of Science, I applied for a Bachelor of Arts. Christ above, I don't even pretend to have the credits for a science degree. Of course the email gives no direction of who to talk to and even if it's too late to do anything about it. Uggggggg! I hate bureaucracy!

Meanwhile, I'm taking 20 credits this term - a ridiculous amount at one time - to try and finish this degree I apparently didn't apply for. This doesn't help my motivation to study any.

The good news pertaining to all of this is that even after this term I will still have about 12 months of GI Bill leftover. As it pays quite a bit more than my tuition costs, it's sort of like a job. And if I go traveling, that means when I come back I can sign up for a postbac at PSU or the community college and have an instant job. Bah, and if this stupid Bachelor of Science crap persists, then I guess I won't even have to bother with the postbac thing, it could just be a regular undergrad degree schedule.

1 comment:

Middle Child said...

Good luck with it all - I have to admire anyone who can enjoy formal study -