Wednesday, February 4, 2009

#$%^&*(*&^%$# Papers!!

Have I ever mentioned how much I despise writing papers for school? I am, first off, somehow completely incapable of writing them during daylight hours. Oh, I try. Not a word will come out. I always have to wait until the night before, and often, like tonight, there will be more than one paper due the following morning. This usually results in me typing a few useless lines, going to sleep with the alarm set for five, hitting snooze until seven, when in a panic, I'll get up and type something that borders on coherent.

It's gotten to the point where I don't like writing at all. I hardly write in my journal anymore and I only seem to update my blog so that people know I'm not dead. I can't wait until I can enjoy writing again, because I do love it, when I'm given the freedom to do what I want with it. I worry though that the joy may not return. Will it always be a chore? Agghhhhhhhhhh.

2 comments:

Middle Child said...

Blastbuggerbitch bum...is that what the symbols say??/ Writing comes and goes. I had a drought in my late twenties...but by 35 I couldn't stop...this went on till about 47...stopped...not too long before don was killed i wrote like crazy...this was from 52-54...then a drought but managed to get the book written exposing what was done to don...(being editied by Nicki taylor)but it wasn't creative writing... I long now to just write...reams of good stuff and hope it will happen befiore I am brain dead. if you like writing amnd there isd a drought, keep thinking about it and no doubt it will all start to flow again one day okay!

Sara said...

See, that's exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks you. And I thought I'd read somewhere that Nicki was editing your book. That's wonderful! I hope to see those guys in a couple months and I'm really looking forward to it.