Saturday, September 12, 2009

Oh Come On!

The Timbers lost last night and while they didn't play very well at all, the other team, Austin, spent far too much time lying on the field with phantom injuries and taking all night for goal kicks and free kicks. The Austin goalkeeper was the biggest culprit with the timewasting and the idiot ref let him get away with it.

So this morning I wake up early and follow the English games online for a bit and then decide to go to the bar and watch the later match. I get there and once my eyes adjust to the dark interior, who should I see sitting a foot in front of me? The Austin goalkeeper and one of their forwards. How unfair is that, the perfect opportunity to tell a coupla cheats what I think of them and it's 9:00 in the morning and I'm totally unprepared! I settled with glaring at them and am pretty proud of myself for not bursting into laughter when at halftime one stood up and said he needed to walk, else he'd get a cramp. Yes, then he might have to spend twenty minutes lying on the floor and that'd be fairly embarrassing. I'm also consoled by the fact that the keeper has an absolutely awful haircut. It was a mullet AND a fauxhawk! You'd think someone would let their poor Euro teammates know that those styles are simply not done in America.

No comments: