Saturday, September 12, 2009

Moving and Stuff

I mentioned in an earlier post that I was stressed out and looking for a new apartment. No, nothing's gone wrong with my roommates; I love living in this house and think my friends are the best roommates I've ever had. It's just that my main downstairs counterparts have just found out that they're expecting a baby. Good news for them! But it means that there will be three adults (including me) living there full time, two kids part-time and a baby fulltime on the main floor. It's simply too much and since infants aren't quite capable of getting their own damn house, I'm going to make way.

It's come at a bad time for me financially, too. When I came back from Europe early, I spent that money I'd saved on some stuff that I'd wanted for awhile, thinking I would pay it back with money for school. But the first setback came when the people who give me school money informed me that I'd taken too many electives and thus couldn't be certified for the term. So that left until November for me to get a full paycheck. I then had to put the trip across the country on my card and with the other stuff already on there I accrued quite a bit of interest to pay back.

And now I need to have some money saved up to move into an apartment. Lovely.

On the bright side, it's been awhile since I've lived by myself and I'm kind of looking forward to it. Hopefully I can find a small place nearby so I can still visit my friends and use the basement for music making and recording.

1 comment:

Middle Child said...

Hope it all works out - is there anyone you could ask to help just in the interim...I know its more to repay - or some part time work or somehting...dunno the situation over there. Good luck