Monday, July 26, 2010

Hello

I'm boring.

No, really. I'm not much of a fiction writer, so I blog when I have something worth blogging about happen in my life. Happenings haven't really been happening, so there's been no blogging.

Here's my daily life. Please don't die of boredom while reading it. Take breaks, if necessary.

Get up around 10. Undarken the computer screen and check usajobs for my dream (read: part time underpaid entry level crap) job. Upon it's inevitable absence in the listings, I close the tab in a huff.

Time to make coffee. While heating water and grinding beans, marvel at how gross and smelly the kitchen has gotten even though I swear I just cleaned it yesterday. Or the day before. Or something.

After coffee is in my cup, head back to the computer to open all the new tweets posted since last night. Click on every interesting soccer blog entry and read for awhile.

Sit, contemplate what to do with the day. Check TV listings, weather report.

Suddenly it's 2pm, which means it's hot and rush hour has started so there's nothing worth doing outside the house for at least several hours. Maybe tomorrow I'll go fishing or camping. Maybe.

Evening rolls around and I get on my bike or get in my car and head to the college campus to kick around the soccer ball for a little while. When it gets too dark or there are too many mosquitoes, drive home.

Contemplate bed, since there's absolutely nothing to do. Nothing on the tube, nothing really worth reading on my bookshelf or online. Finally get to sleep way late/in the early morning.

Repeat.

Would you want to read about that on a daily basis? I thought not.

Next week I'm going camping for a week with my parents in California. Somehow, I've never been to Yosemite, so we're going there as well as the Lava Beds National Monument. Haven't been camping yet this summer, so that should be good, plus I get to see my dog again.

1 comment:

Middle Child said...

Camping sounds good - have only been camping once in my whole life -
winter here and ours are so mild that I get more done and feel better - summer comes and I am a bit like you - avoiding the worst of it - My sisters are like you and sleep in - I have always been up with the sun - and before - just how it is and my mind really sparks at 6am...but by 4pm I am useles mentally.

Your day might seem tedious right now but things come along and no doubt when they do you'll be ready to grab with both hands...we all have times in our lives when we feel exactly as you are right now - but it usually is only temporary - Yosemite - isn't that where yogi Bear lived :)